Nolte is looking for a web engineer to grow with our team. The position is based in our Mexico City office, in Paseo de la Reforma (near the Angel de Independencia).
Our head office is in the heart of New York City, and we have a core presence there but also many people located all over the world. We are a bunch of top-notch developers and designers with a real passion for what we do. We are small but nimble, which we find to be a positive rather than a negative. Responsibilities include taking a digital project from concept to deployment (and hopefully to awards).
- 3+ years relevant experience.
- Good eye for design / able to implement pixel-perfect front-ends
- Excellent understanding of HTML, CSS / SASS.
- Strong understanding of how browsers work and native HTML5 web APIs.
- Good knowledge of database concepts, especially as they relate to MySql.
- Server side performance, debugging and optimisation techniques.
- Able to write performant, scalable and modular code.
- Complete understanding of responsive web design and how designs will be adapted for specific devices (including responsive grids).
- Knowledge of SEO principles.
- Knowledge of browser feature support and graceful degradation techniques where features are lacking (IE :-) ).
- Great communication skills in English (written and verbal).
- Comfortable with Git.
- A commitment for keeping your code clean, well organized, and DRY.
- Ability to accept feedback and come up with creative solutions around that feedback.
- Ability to help and support co-workers and clients around projects.
- Willingness and passion to learn new things, we strongly encourage and sponsor ongoing education.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Experience as a team leader / mentor. We plan to grow our engineering team in CDMX.
- Some WordPress or PHP experience
- Eye for animation and understanding of motion principles.
- Some knowledge of Web Servers and Linux, ideally the LEMP stack.
- Competitive salary paid in USD.
- Opportunities to travel to our head office in New York.
- Awesome office environment with views from the 39th floor (water, coffee and beer included).