Fullstack Software Engineer
Do you care deeply about how the code you write impacts the world around you? Are you continuously driven to improve the quality and performance of every product you work on? If so, we hear you and are deeply passionate about the same. We are on a mission to make a positive impact in every product we develop and need you, yes you, to contribute. Simply put, we are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer but as you know it’s deeper than that.
Who is Nolte?
We are an agency focused on Product Development for web & mobile. Founded in 2006 in NYC by Jeffrey Nolte then expanded into Mexico City in 2017. If you ask our team (coined Nolteños) they’d say we’re more like a family minus the dysfunction. We’re dedicated to delivering positive experiences and impact that empowers our community.
Currently, our team is made up of 22 spread between the US, Mexico, and Colombia. We’ve worked with many large multinational brands such as HBO, Amtrak, Pemex as well as startups such as Bloomscape. Regardless of the client, product or team, our commitment to great work remains the same.
What would you be working on?
We’ve been very intentional in not choosing a specific vertical or industry to work with. Our focus is on product development and support and we are inspired by the creative opportunities that exist in all sorts of industries. You’d be working with a product team including Quality Insurance, Product Designers (UI/UX), Product Managers, and Product Owners (our awesome clients).
Our focus is on Web & Mobile products powered by open source web technologies (this is where you come in 😎).
What do we look for in all Nolteños?
- Embrace Agile thinking and open to growing and developing new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Spanish
- Think with empathy about users, and customers
- Take ownership and pride in the quality of your work
- Understand the impact and importance your work has
- Be committed to and supportive of your team
What technical skills must you have?
- Semantic & Accessible HTML
- CSS / SASS
- Deep Responsive Web Development Knowledge
- At least one server-side technology such as PHP or NodeJS
- Git, Git-Flow Branching
- End-to-End knowledge on how the web is connected (REST API, AJAX, etc.)
- HTTP 1&2 Protocols
- Client & Server Performance
- Front-End & Back-End Architecture Methods
What are the baseline expectations for Nolte’s engineers?
- Push the boundaries of user interface design
- Set and hold a high bar for quality, well-tested code
- Build and design new modular, reusable components and features
- Drive thinking
- Build scalable products
- Open to challenge their work, by themselves and others.
- Resiliency is essential to face ambiguity, combined with research and creative approach for new solutions.
- An entrepreneurial environment with a competitive salary above the local market 💰
- Balancing your life: we provide generous time off policies for everything life throws your way. Whether it's a new baby (new parent leave), a family vacation (unlimited vacation time), or a nasty cold (trust sick leave policy), we've got you covered. 👨👩👧👧
- Work with a creative, highly-motivated and experienced team. We don’t really focus on the hours you spend in the office. Our focus is mostly on how efficient you are. 🏆
- Diversity and Inclusion: We attract, develop and retain the best from all backgrounds which requires a culture of inclusion where everyone feels respected 👥
- Wellbeing Allowance: We take a holistic approach to physical, emotional, and financial wellness for our team. 💆🧘♂️
- A great 'Work from home' policy 🏡 💻
- Annual Bonus linked to profitability. 💸
- Paid travel opportunities 🚁
- Technology Stipend 📱
- An amazing annual retreat where we get together and have fun! 🎇
Last but not least...
At Nolte we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.